camouflage-music.com
Official Camouflage Forum

>> Register | Log in | Profile
Check your private messages | Search | Memberlist | FAQ
Forum Index

THE PLEASURE REMAINS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdupond

PostPosted: 14-Dec-2006 20:45    Post subject: THE PLEASURE REMAINS Reply with quote

hi all,

the pleasure remains seems to be the next single ! does anyone knows more about this? impossible to download from itunes. not available.

and what about physical cd? same for something wrong ! i try to find it on ebay or else. nothing ! please help !
archpop

PostPosted: 14-Dec-2006 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Wrong is available for download through finetunes.net, but unfortunately not in all countries - apparently the US and Canada have been excluded. The reasoning behind this is unknown, but this was the reply received from finetunes. FYI the downloads from finetunes are available in mp3 and ogg formats without restriction.

The Pleasure Remains is limited (at least for now) to the Polish market and is anticipated (at least for now) only as a promo CD to be sent to radio and DJs. It has been difficult to find information about this release because of the language barrier. Other than the links provided in the news summary for this item, I am afraid I cannot help any further on this topic.

It is very unfortunate that these releases aren't available easily - either as a download or as a physical CD and in all markets. Let's hope that this will change and that perhaps these two items will at least be available in digital format in all markets. (I personally would prefer the physical CDs, but I'd prefer downloads over nothing else)

archpop
superdupond

PostPosted: 25-Jan-2007 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem in taht case is that it's incitating to illegal download or traffic of copied cds !! and it's bad for the band. do you really think the polish dj's are not going to upload files ? i do think it .

I WANT THAT F.... CD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
archpop

PostPosted: 25-Jan-2007 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that when the release is so strictly limited many (if not most) fans will search in every possible place to at least hear the songs. It definitely isn't in the best interest of the band, but I don't know what licensing issues stand in the way of a broader release of both of these singles.

I don't think SPV has done anything even slightly impressive as far as worldwide distribution goes. Here in the US the album is still horribly expensive, and the only domestic availability of recent material is via itunes, which still isn't a great option in my opinion.

Perhaps there is still hope for some licensed release in the US where we might get to legally enjoy these songs that otherwise were released to such a limited audience. If these songs were released in the US it might renew awareness of RELOCATED and help with a new boost of sales.

... just a few random thoughts this morning

archpop
Soylent Green

PostPosted: 26-Jan-2007 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still so surprised that Camouflage can't find a US domestic deal for distribution with someone like A Different Drum for example. Does anybody in the band's management or organization even attempt such a deal anymore? I have to wonder. This band is too good and the music they're making is excellent and it saddens me that they don't get the exposure and push they are so deserving of. I thought SPV was a strong label and was really gonna push Camouflage but that hasn't been the case at all. The group And One for example has signed to Out Of Line Records in Europe and Metropolis in the United States for their latest release 'Bodypop' and they have released a studio cd, an ep of six original songs, three cd singles that combined had 7 b-side songs. Not to compare the two groups, it's just they have a strong push behind them, and to sit and watch as a brilliant release like 'Relocated' stands idly by languishing is just sad. Camouflage really need some kind of US distribution if they want to tour the US, I don't think they'll ever touch these shores if they don't have a domestic label. I hope I'm proved very wrong though. Thanks, Soylent Green
archpop

PostPosted: 26-Jan-2007 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think having US distribution is critical to them performing in the US. I know there have been some similar thoughts from the band, but so far nothing has solidified unfortunately.
I think at this point the way RELOCATED would need to be issued in the US is in the form of a special edition with new remixes, b-sides etc - all at a decent price. A Different Drum would be a good venue for this. Many of their recent releases have a 2nd disc with remixes and cost only a couple $ more than the standard release. this also could be a good format for issuing the remixes of The Pleasure Remains, Something Wrong, We Are Lovers, and Suspicious Love. A Different Drum also has a loyal customer base worldwide.
In any case better worldwide distribution is needed. SPV has certainly failed on that point. Camouflage deserves better exposure that what they have received through SPV.
superdupond

PostPosted: 26-Jan-2007 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreover i was speaking about EU and not US !! the site www.musicnonstop.co.uk distributes almost all the new releases of camouflage. but they don't have "the pleasure remains". even not "somthing wrong". i found one on ebay but at a scandalous price !
no way !
archpop

PostPosted: 26-Jan-2007 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the EU you should be able to get Something Wrong as a download from finetunes.net. There was a thread about the availability in which countries somewhere here on the forum. Let's see if I can find it...Actually it is on the news page of the site. It is not a physical CD, but you can at least get the songs legally at a fair price. Enjoy!
Garfield

PostPosted: 07-Feb-2007 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I can get some "Something Wrong"'s CDs. But they are really extremely expensive especially compared with standard price for singles.
archpop

PostPosted: 07-Feb-2007 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Wrong and Your Own World are available for download through finetunes.net and I don't think the price is unusual for a single. If you can find a physical Cd I would expect the price to be extremely high because it was available only in very limited quantities at the concerts this past fall.
Garfield

PostPosted: 07-Feb-2007 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I will not be able to purchase downloadable version of the single, thanks to iTunes and so on policy. I'm also afraid that I'm not ready to pay for something that I can take free of charge as MP3 files for example. And, at last, I truly believe that purchasing MP3s at the price of normal CD or even higher I'm just cheating with myself. I'm totally not agree with the price in this case.

I'm talking about real CD singles.
Genry7

PostPosted: 14-Apr-2017 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pleasure remains is a great title for a song. Very catchy. It is strange that you did not find it on ebay because it is there. Cv-review.org is the service I would want to recommend everyone who need help with a review of their CV. I did and applied for help and remained satisfied. I wish the same to you therefore, do not hesitate and ask for help straight away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: