camouflage-music.com
Official Camouflage Forum

>> Register | Log in | Profile
Check your private messages | Search | Memberlist | FAQ
Forum Index

30th Anniversary concert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jboudreau

PostPosted: 28-Jul-2013 15:06    Post subject: 30th Anniversary concert Reply with quote

There is a post from Camouflage on Facebook this morning asking for suggestions for songs for the upcoming 30th anniversary show. What I would really love to see is a web stream of the event...for those of us without the means to travel and live in areas where the band may never be able to tour, this may be the closest thing we ever get to seeing Camouflage live.
archpop

PostPosted: 28-Jul-2013 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fantastic idea. I would hope the band will consider this and start making preparations early to make this a reality. I am not sure what logistically would be required for this or what the cost impact would be.

Camouflage put on a great live show. If the band wants to create enthusiasm and increase an audience in the US market there would need to be something of this nature to create excitement. A live stream of the show could be promoted with little expense through a grassroots level by those of us who are here in the US and haven't forgotten Camouflage.
SoulPlow

PostPosted: 29-Jul-2013 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could start a funding drive on kickstarter.com to cover the cost of the webcast. There are more than enough fans in the states that would contribute, I would think. They just need to get the word out.
Jboudreau

PostPosted: 30-Jul-2013 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea what the costs would be, but a kickstarter is a great idea! I hope someone with some influence is reading...

Pittsburgh has an independent radio station that plays a huge variety of music, so I sent one of the DJs a message on Twitter to see if there is any Camou in their library...and there is none. Hrmph.
archpop

PostPosted: 30-Jul-2013 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jboudreau - I think your experience with the local radio station is unfortunately very common in the US. If there is music in a stations vault it would likely be one of three tracks they might play, TGC, TSF or LIAS.

@SoulPlow - Kickstarter is a great idea for sure and would give a good indicator of the support group here in the US. It might be a gauge of how well the band would be received if they do plan to come to the US as hinted by Marcus in a recent interview.

There may indeed be enough fans to support a kickstarter campaign. The biggest challenge is honestly getting the word out. I've mentioned it before and will reiterate now - there aren't many fans from the US that are vocal here. I don't know an exact percentage or # that are registered here, but there aren't many. Looking at facebook there are more than 27k fans. There is potential to reach a larger group there. But what other ways can we reach a sufficiently sized group to make the effort successful?

Step 1 for Kickstarter would be for the band to support and pursue the idea to establish the costs necessary for the Kickstarter campaign for a web broacast of the event.

Step 2 would need to consider perhaps the different levels of support through Kickstarter. e.g. what if I contribute $5 or what if I contribute $100. Or would this just be a general fundraiser?

Step 3 would be to get the message spread well beyond Kickstarter so that fans and supporters are redirected to Kickstarter and find sufficient incentive to support the cause.

I like the idea of Kickstarter and the live broadcast.
Jboudreau

PostPosted: 30-Jul-2013 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, given that this station plays some synth pop in the evenings, it wasn't too far out of the realm of possibility to ask. The commercial stations here, on the other hand...forget it. Not even a chance. Rolling Eyes
SoulPlow

PostPosted: 07-Aug-2013 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

@archpop - I agree that in order to reach the widest group possible, the idea would have to posted on facebook, as well as encouraging everyone in the twitterverse to retweet the drive. Basically the U.S. fans would have to blast it out there by any means possible via all potential social networks in order to reach to most people.

As for the drive campaign itself, I can't speak for others, but I would be happy to contribute for nothing in return, except to be able to see the show streamed either in real-time or even delayed time. Actually delayed time would be OK since there is such a time difference here in the states Smile I just want to see it however I can.

AND if it does guage how many fans they have here in the U.S. it would be worth doing just to get an estimate, regardless if it's enough to bring them here or not.

Just my 2 cents :-p
Jboudreau

PostPosted: 08-Aug-2013 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered posting about a webcast on the Facebook page since it seems that someone answers questions posted on Camou's wall, and I have no idea if anybody associated with the band looks here.
StatusZwo

PostPosted: 09-Aug-2013 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jboudreau wrote:
I considered posting about a webcast on the Facebook page since it seems that someone answers questions posted on Camou's wall, and I have no idea if anybody associated with the band looks here.

Heiko Maile used to come around here to read new posts, but it seems to get rare more and more. Unfortunately he barely thinks it's necessary to react on questions or ideas posted here.
Jboudreau

PostPosted: 10-Aug-2013 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. I guess when most of the posts here are idle speculation about the release of Greyscale, there's no reason to hang out here.

(Of course, the recent posts on Facebook have been "why didn't you play in Brazil?")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: